Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
AZBlue
AZBlue Senior Member • Posts: 1,757
Re: "Bare Arms;" hmm. Really? She . . .

abiquiuense wrote:

AZBlue wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

AZBlue wrote:

You seem to have an overly high opinion of yourself as well as your skills.

Did you vote in the exercise? If you did, please consider posting a screenshot of your "myVotes" screen.

What does that have to do with anything? Red herring. Back to the topic... Your photo is totally subpar with no creativity. There is absolutely nothing creative or noteworthy about your photo. It's a snapshot at best, one that doesn't conform with the spirit of the contest. It's also a literal interpretation of the contest topic *IF* the topic was "bear arms", but it was "bare arms". Subtlety seems lost on you. By the way, this is a critique so don't go complaining to the mods that I'm trolling. If you submit a mediocre image to a contest and then complain that you didn't get a decent showing, you should be willing to hear why.

I enter challenges and I don't win. That means my submission wasn't good enough according to the community. Maybe you should take the hint from the community, stop complaining, and improve your skills.

Dear Member AZBlue;

I am so sorry. What have I been thinking? I've forgotten my manners and neglected to invite you to a challenge; one on one, in the yard.

Beat me here;

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62015919

Don't be afraid; just be careful. Those folks in there mean business; all of them are professionals. They are proven professionals. Some are lawyers, priests, teachers, police officers, doctors; you name them. They might even let you join the "Rainbow Coalition."

Good luck.

Your pal in Abiquiu

Thank you, I now understand your issues much better.

-- hide signature --

"I've been in more laps than a napkin" - Mae West

AZBlue's gear list:AZBlue's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow