Looking for opinions regarding backup body (volleyball)

Started 4 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TyphoonTW
TyphoonTW Senior Member • Posts: 1,378
Looking for opinions regarding backup body (volleyball)

Here's my situation; I shoot indoor volleyball and the 70-200 is on the 5D4 95% of the time, so for any photos in that range I'm covered.

When I want some wider shots I either swap lens and use the 24-70, or keep the 24-70 on my backup body which is currently a 6D.

As backup I find the 6D to be good enough for most situations (it used to be my only body when I started working  ), but I'm starting to consider a more sport-friendly body where I can keep the 24-70 during the match and use it when the 70-200 is not wide enough.

The tricky part is that I don't want to spend too much, so the bodies I'm currently considering are the following (I list the prices in Taiwanese dollars because that's my local currency, second hand prices):

1D3: 10000nt

7D2: 18000nt

Unfortunately the 1D4's price is around 30000nt and that's a bit beyond what I'm willing to pay for my second body.

What would you guys suggest in this situation? I tend to shoot at 1/800th or 1/1000th - f2.8 - iso between 2500 and 5000 (rarely above or below that).

The 1D3 is now really cheap, but even the 7D2 has seen a nice drop in price so I'm not sure what to do. I was waiting for more rumors regarding the 7D3, hoping for an extra drop in price for the mkII...but so far nothing on the horizon.

-- hide signature --

This is where I write stuff: http://randomibis.wordpress.com/
This is where I upload stuff: http://www.flickr.com/photos/107755637@N06/

TyphoonTW's gear list:TyphoonTW's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow