UWA lenses in the Japanese Gardens - update

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 11,634
UWA lenses in the Japanese Gardens - update

Well, as promised, I took a quick jaunt to the Japanese Gardens again, this time with my 10-24 in hand. The goal was to reshoot that iconic tree and have some sort of a basis for comparison with the 8-16 that I returned earlier this week. I remain convinced that it was faulty, and I think these images might support that contention, but you can judge for yourself.

As with the 8-16, I took a set of shots at the widest available FL -- in this case 10mm. I'm providing an example from both lenses to compare from each of the two locations I used earlier. Of course comments are more than welcome. FL notwithstanding, there's no doubt in my mind, at least, that my 10-24 is an excellent copy and most definitely a "keeper." I can't find a lot here to fault the images from that lens.

Apologize that the crops and processing are a bit different, but hopefully this won't greatly impact the ability to see the differences between the rendering of both lenses. I also apologize for any differences in WB or any other variables. This isn't intended to be scientific. Finally, there's also a bit of LR "mush" here. I might go back and do an Iridient pass on these first, then repost, but again, the emphasis here was more on lens IQ at the corners more than anything else.

8-16 lens, taken at 8mm

10-24 lens, taken at  10mm

8-16mm lens, taken at 16mm

10-24 lens, taken at 18mm

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow