Hard Decision on New Camera

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
User2101833400 Forum Member • Posts: 59
Hard Decision on New Camera

Hello all - I am having a very difficult time deciding what to do for a new camera and was wondering if some of you might be able to assist/shed some light?

My current camera is a 50D and I own all FF lens (shown below). I want to upgrade and get the best camera I can without regrets. I cannot afford a 5D, however the 6D mk ii would be within my range.

I like most of what the camera offers outside a few details which keep me searching and has me thinking about the 7d mk ii.

1) Low dynamic range at low ISO

2) Only 1/4000 shutter speed

3) Slow Burt Rate and AF compared to 7D mk ii

4) Small amount of vertical AF grid compared to 7d mk ii

5) Build quality not the best

I also like the 7d mk ii quite a bit, especially seeing how I like to do some birding, although not as much as I truly have time for. I some kids in sports, although I find my 50D at 6.3 frames per sec. is ok not great (slow compared to now ). It is also not as good in low light indoor events. Outside of this I am not a one category photographer, but more-less like to shoot whatever and tend to change it up from time to time (portraits, landscapes, sports, birding, nightscapes and architectural).

My last concern is the future of the mirrorless and possibility of the 7d mkk iii / 7d mk ii is now 4 + yrs old

User2101833400's gear list:User2101833400's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow