White lettering on newer black Fuji bodies

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
user061018 Regular Member • Posts: 194
White lettering on newer black Fuji bodies

From playing with a black x-t20 a few months back, I noticed the lettering on the top plate was unevenly yellowed. I did not make much of it since display units usually age worse with all the people handling them and this particular unit had the rubber coming off and some chips on the paint all over the body.

Some weeks after that I happened to see a used X-t20 side by side with the older X-t10. Both were in pristine condition but looking at the white text, it was clear the white lettering on the top plate of the older model was much "cleaner" and whiter while on the X-t20 it was slightly yellowed, although not as bad as on the display unit I had played around with. I also watched a review with that Omar guy where he mentions it after a few months use.

I don't think I've heard of this being mentioned, maybe it only happens with the newer bodies or just the X-t20 in particular, perhaps a certain batch where they used different paint, whether it's intentional or not? I'm not a fan of it, I would just like any addition input on this from anyone who knows anything about this.

Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow