Used to be about the equipment.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mferencz Contributing Member • Posts: 581
Used to be about the equipment.

I've used M43 for close to 8 years now, came from Canon prior to that, and I've followed, debated camera equipment posts and articles. Played clever when I didn't know enough to debate fair and square. Come to find out it was never about the equipment, it was about getting out, going places I might not normally go, it was about meeting people and enjoying myself with a camera. It was about going home after a day of shooting and easily downloading and working with my images and then sharing them. I enjoy all of it. Surely I'm an enthusiast and not a pro.

In the beginning, M43 made is easier being an over all smaller system, so I overlooked sensor size and focus ability and the megapixel race. Come to find out years later most all of these 'shortcomings' are gone or irrelevant. M43 is mature and very usable, on par with what a traditional DSLR provides. Everybody else is late to the party, but mirrorless is now the thing. Larger sensors are now cheaper. The race for the best is on hot and heavy. Occasionally I get caught up in the fever for the best or better. It never feels good. You never quite get there no matter how much money you have.

I plan on staying with what I have, size factor is huge for me. Was tempted to go FF or use a dual system, but why? To chase the best? That lonely place of one upping the next guy only to be one upped by somebody else the next day. I like taking pictures. That feels good. That I know. If Olympus, or for that matter Nikon or Canon or whoever goes belly up, well I'll find a way to get a camera decently priced, they will be around.  A camera that is.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow