***Mini-Challenge 529*** Landscapes With Interesting Skies

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,177
***Mini-Challenge 529*** Landscapes With Interesting Skies

I love being in the outdoors; and one of the things I love the most are the skies - especially in the remote areas of the west where the skies seem a much or more a part of the emotional feel of a place as the land. Of course, there are places all over the world with spectacular views of the sky.

So, this Challenge is asking for well-crafted "art" landscapes that feature interesting skies. I'm looking for the sort of image you would hang on your wall. The sky can be, but does not need to be, the main subject of the photograph. People, animals, objects, etc. are also permitted, but the primary subject of the image must be the emotive feel of the land and sky, not the person, animal or object.

This Mini-Challenge begins now and ends at 5:00 PM EST on 12/12/2018.

Please:

1. Submit a maximum of 3 Entries to win and/or as many Exhibits as you wish.

2. Photos must have been taken by you but can be from any camera, including cell phones, and may have been taken at any time.

3. There are no restrictions on processing or on composite shots - all are acceptable. It's the image that counts, not how it was produced.

4. Please state very clearly in the header of your post whether an image is an "Entry" or an "Exhibit". Non-labelled submissions will be assumed to be Exhibits.

5. Please post all Entries and Exhibits using the "Reply to thread" button below this first post. Comments can be made directly to the Entry or Exhibit post.

6. At the end of this challenge, I will announce First, Second and Third places from the Entries in a separate RESULTS thread, and I may select some of the exhibits, for Honorable Mentions.

The "lucky" First Place winner has the dubious honor of hosting of the next challenge. If the winner doesn't respond post a new Challenge within 3 days of the date results are posted; or has to decline to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

Good luck and enjoy!

Greg

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow