Oly Newbie, Omd EM1ii + 12-40 for trip?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Johnny555 Regular Member • Posts: 120
Oly Newbie, Omd EM1ii + 12-40 for trip?

Hi folks. I went from many Pentax to Fuji XPRO2 and until recently was without a camera. The Fuji and I never got along. I need IBIS. A lot of my shots were blurred by my hand motion. The sensor was incredible, and the good shots fantastic, but the good shots were few and far between. Granted I only had the little 23 2.0 WR lens. Putting a $1000 1.4 lens on it made it a different camera.

Fast forward. I’ve seen the OMD EM1 II in the store and love the way it feels in the hand, with 12-40. I want 1 lens because I’m traveling. I’m going on an extended trip to an out of the way beach town in Brazil, hot and humid, sandy beaches, and I *love* to shoot in mist, snow and heavy fog. Plus, the smaller, the better. If there are waves crashing against rocks and spraying up on me, I want to use the camera with confidence. Man that Xpro2 was a tank.

I noticed the Deal going on for the EM1 II for $1600 plus $399 for the 12-40 and grabbed it.

The best camera Ive seen is the Fuji XH1 with 16-55. It’s bigger and more expensive. My worry is about sensor size. My nephew has the newer 42mp Sony and it’s unreal. You don’t even have to try with that thing. They feel like cheap junk, but no arguing IQ.

What do you guys think of the EM1 II and 12-40 as an adventure travel kit. It’s just arrived in the box.

Thanks!

Johnny555's gear list:Johnny555's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow