Z7: rubber wearing off on the grip?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
TITCHY Senior Member • Posts: 1,259
Re: Z7: rubber wearing off on the grip?

these claims of rubber cover damage allways crop up shortly after a new release , its uncanny ,i remember the same complaints with the D300 and other models since , I had my D300 8 years ,went way over the claimed shutter life and apart from some dulling  never neaded to change any rubbers , ditto for my D800 , D810 etc. and my nails are quite long . my D6 will be the same ,  some users seem to have the knack for destroying the rubber parts , i dont know why ,I suspect it is not just long finger nails.

as for those ugly silicone covers , possibly the worse thing we could put on our cameras .  they create more problems than they cure .as dust dirt and even rain gets between the layers and end up being ground away between the flexible outer layer and the inner one .  at least without one you can keep a visual check on your cameras exterior and give it a regular wipe down to keep it good . you cannot possibly see what is going on between the layers of those horrible covers.

TITCHY's gear list:TITCHY's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +53 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow