What's the terminology: Remove tourists from monument images

Started 5 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Toolforger New Member • Posts: 11
What's the terminology: Remove tourists from monument images

Hi all,

I'm looking for tools that are typically used for tourist removal, and to find them, I need to know what search item will lead me to them.
I need the terminology because "tourist removal" doesn't give me the right search results - I don't need cameras that can do this, I need PC software that takes a series of normal shots, detects the differences, and eliminates them.

Background: I want to get rid of dust speckles and random noise that I get when running pages through an document feed scanner.
Unfortunately, the search terms I came up with mostly talked about cameras, which is pretty unhelpful; I hope to get better results if I try the technical term, but I don't know what it is.

Background:
I want to feed the same page through an ADF scanner, multiple times, then let software average out dust speckles, random noise, angle variation, and size variation.
Which is all stuff that tourist removal does as well, except I don't need to worry about lens distortion.
I found Hugin, so the software is there, but I am having trouble finding the right instructions to apply it for my use case. I hope to find better instructions (or maybe better other software) with the right search terms.

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow