Samyang AF EF14mm f2.8

Started Dec 4, 2018 | User reviews thread
OP Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 3,099
Re: Samyang AF EF14mm f2.8

Colin , I mentioned the Sigma because of price similarity and the extended usage. The Irix Firefly had a feature that I liked, it has a focus lock... when you dash out of a car to grab a shot of nature dancing in the sky, this locked and pre focused design would be amazing.   Believe me I am no stranger to manual focus , many a shot has been grabbed in a darkened room using hyperfocal pre focus and a flash for press shots.

Perhaps some of what I mentioned about the characteristics of the lens come from the fact that it is made by Xeen which is also Samyang. Video lenses traditionally are not known for their contrast, in fact if your going to all the trouble of shooting log it is not top of your list. Unlike stills with huge enlargements resolution has not been a biggie ... this is of course changing with 4 and 8K.   Perhaps the way you make the glass, and mature it  has a residual.

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow