What Anti Virus do you use?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Trevor Carpenter Forum Pro • Posts: 15,268
What Anti Virus do you use?

I've been using AVG Free for a long time and it seems to work very well to the point that I don't see any real advantage to paying for AV.  AVG however does seem to add quite an overhead to my relatively powerful PC and I'm convinced that performance is much better without it.  Today I have been having problems with administrative rights on Faststone and after four hours of digging for solutions found that uninstalling AVG resolved the problem.  I see that my AVG was updated yesterday so not impressed.  While it is uninstalled I thought I would take the opportunity to consider my AV options.  I see that Kapersky and Avast free versions get very good reviews.  Has anybody any other recommendations?

I'm working on the assumption that I need something more than Windows Defender but do I really?

-- hide signature --

Recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Trevor Carpenter's gear list:Trevor Carpenter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow