P600 Head Alignment Confusion

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SantaFeBill Senior Member • Posts: 2,828
P600 Head Alignment Confusion

Epson is confusing in its instructions for doing HA on the P600.

On the one hand, the instructions for doing HA in the Utility for doing that says:

1) To use Enhanced Matte paper (which I have).

2) In inspecting the small squares in each row on the print, pick the square which has no visible lines. [My emphasis]

30 If there are no squares which have no visible lines, pick the square which has the least visible lines, then click on 'Realignment' and repeat.

Fine. After several iterations, I finally got a print in which the squares in each row with the least visible lines is the number '5' one - but they all still have visible lines - faint, but they're there.

So, according to those instructions, I should continue the process until I get squares that have no visible lines.

However ...

I looked in the UG (committing the sin of RTFM) and found that you can do a HA on the P600 using the control panel on the printer.

There the instructions are different.

1) Use plain paper (which implies you could do a HA when the PK ink was active).

2) After printing, you have a series of screens asking you to select the best squares. (N.B. It says nothing about looking for squares which have no visible lines - in fact, it doesn't specify what 'best' means.)

3) After doing '2', click 'Done'. There's nothing about a redo if no square is 'best', whatever that means.

Given the sparseness of the instructions for using the control panel to do HA, I'm tempted to ignore them completely, except for the hint that perhaps you don't need to continue the process until you have all squares with no visible lines.

So, finally (deep breath): Do you really need to continue the process, using the Utility, until you literally cannot see any visible lines in any of the squares, no matter how faint? Or is having the '5' square in each row as the one with visible but faint lines as good as the alignment is going to get?

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Yes, I did a nozzle check before starting the alignment process. It was perfect.

ANSWER:
Nikon Coolpix P600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow