What's the difference between diversity, and portfolio fragmentation?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
vander
vander Senior Member • Posts: 2,633
Re: What's the difference between diversity, and portfolio fragmentation?

Some good advice above.

I will add my 2 cents. Your work is really nice. What stuck out to me on the first 100 images or so of your work is your usage of light, moody light and of course the dancers.

However, stuck among those images was a shot of a parrot and a sunny landscape, plus others.

So to best answer your question. You are a talented photographer who is diverse, but your portfolio is fragmented.

If I'm looking for a photographer who creates wonderful dance images but I have to weed through a bunch of other, non-related type images which don't interest me at that time, you're going to alienate that potential client and you may lose them.

A grocery store is diverse with product, but the products are placed in aisles which make sense. Canned veggies and fruit here. Bakery and spices another, breads and grains another, junk food/chips/pop (soda) another etc..

So I would suggest creating folders or links to grouped similar images for the most viewing impact and to assist your viewers in finding the images that they may be after as easily as possible.

-- hide signature --

Check out my photo galleries !!
Family/Portrait/Newborn/Landscape/Real Estate
http://www.vandervalk.ca

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow