Canon Pro-1000 Media Types and a Print Profile Q.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Croskell Junior Member • Posts: 41
Canon Pro-1000 Media Types and a Print Profile Q.

I am another recent acquirer of a PRO-1000. My questions are somewhat different from others currently on the forum, so please forgive me for starting a new thread.

Some time ago I bought a BENQ SW240 which I profiled with an i1-pro (and did it again a few days ago).  I am getting  a very good match, original subject to screen.  I have now setup my Pro-1000, and it seems to be working well. On Hahnemueller Fine Art Baryta and (almost as well) on Innova Photo Baryta I am getting very pleasing results when using the relevant printer/paper profiles (I did calibrate the printer during setup to take out printer sample differences, so the print profiles - especially HN's should work well).

And they do, especially for the highly saturated and darker colours - in fact over most of the colour-space.  However, I have noticed that when printing a model's very pale flesh tone, the printed result is clearly too yellow (not pink enough).  Not much, but it's noticeable. Everything else in the print is perfect.  I believe (from memory) that the screen representation it the better one.

Can anyone with experience of this printer suggest what I can do to alleviate this, short of making an ad hoc edit in LR (this worked fine!)?

A second question, I am unclear on the subject of Media Types: from HN's website they recommend a setting of Pro Platinum Media for Fine Art Baryta (ie not 'Heavy Fine Art', as one might expect). Is this what other's use?  Does the Media Type setting make much difference if you get it a 'bit wrong' (I don't mean PM vs MK papers, or cheap, basic paper vs high quality heavyweight)?

Thanks for any help.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow