Tamron 24-70 g2 vs Sigma Art 35

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wcphoto New Member • Posts: 1
Tamron 24-70 g2 vs Sigma Art 35

Okay.... I'll admit first and foremost that I'm not good on the tech side of things.  I'm trying, but it's not my strength.  Most of my photography career has been shot with my Sigma, so my perspective may be skewed on this.  I bought the Tamron and it just kind of sucks.  It's soft.  I had it cleaned and calibrated.  I tried the in-camera fine tuning.  I have the tap-in console.  Am I crazy?  I'm going to do field tests comparing the two now that I've fine-tuned again.  That being said, the whole reason I bought it was because I hate the sigma for non-studio work.  It's great when it's great, but it's unreliable so I wanted to retire it to studio only.  I don't think I can use the Tamron confidently from what I've seen though.  It's my only zoom lens.  How big of a difference should I expect to be seeing here, exactly?  Does anyone have raw files they can send me to play with?  I hear everyone go on and on about how amazing and sharp it is, and I'm just not seeing it.  Thoughts?

wcphoto's gear list:wcphoto's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD Macro Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow