Sigma 150-600 Sports and Birds in Flight

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lihkin
Lihkin Senior Member • Posts: 2,629
Sigma 150-600 Sports and Birds in Flight

Hi all,

I have the Nikon D850 and the Sigma 150-600 Sports lens. I have been happy with this combo so far. I shot bears in Alaska, stationary birds in Colorado etc. I am currently in Bosque del Apache shooting the sandhill cranes and wanted to post some samples taken with this lens for those that might want to see additional samples of how this lens performs with BIF. I have been quite pleased with the results. It took me a little experimenting, but if I use a shutter speed of higher than 1/1500s, AF-C and Group AF on my Nikon D850, I find I get a lot of keepers. I finally came to understand the limitation of having an f6.3 lens as this really works well only when there is enough light.

Thanks for looking and LMK if you have any questions about the lens.

One landscape taken with the Sigma (I wasn't carrying my other lenses, so had to use the Sigma)

Panning shot

Panning shot

Panning shot

Cheers,

-- hide signature --
 Lihkin's gear list:Lihkin's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +2 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow