Which 40mm is available for us if the Batis Eye AF is not working ?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Cy A New Member • Posts: 4
Re: Which 40mm is available for us if the Batis Eye AF is not working ?

I can confirm that I'm seeing the same issue as Simon with my copy of Batis 40mm: consistent front-focusing when using Eye-AF in AF-C.

I've been struggling with getting in-focus shots with the Batis since receiving it 10 days ago, but I wasn't sure why. Started to suspect an issue with Eye-AF after noticing that all of my wife shots were out-of-focus, with the tip of her nose in focus.

I was really surprised: I never had any Eye-AF issues with my FE 85mm f/1.8 or my FE 24mm GM.

More testing tonight with my wife as test subjects: a few head and shoulder shots at f/2 with the Batis, all out-of-focus. Swapped the 24mm GM, a few shots at f/1.4 at the same distance, same pose, all perfectly in-focus (eye in focus, tip of nose out-of-focus). Swapped back the Batis, a few more shots at f/2, all out-of-focus, nose in focus, eyes out-of-focus.

Really puzzled now. A quick google search and I end up here on this forum. Oh my... I wished I had seen this thread 3 weeks ago and canceled my pre-order.

Cy A's gear list:Cy A's gear list
Leica Q Sony a7 III Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow