Another fix for Tamron 70-200mm G2

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SushiEater
SushiEater Veteran Member • Posts: 8,816
Another fix for Tamron 70-200mm G2

I posted before that I have a problem with the way Tamron made switches on 70-200mm G2.

The way I carry the camera I grab the lens by the body and I inadvertently bump the switches resulting in missed shots because the AF switch is in off position.

So first I have developed complicated fix.

Here it is covered in vinyl.

The ring slides over the switches covering them completely but the cut-out is so I can reach the switches because the collar prevents the ring to move away completely.

It helped a lot but somehow I still managed to move AF switch once in a while.

And it is not easy to make.

So, I made something simpler basically anyone can make at home.

Basically it is piece of strap webbing with Velcro. It covers the switches and if I need to change the position of the switch I can just unwrap one side. Tested it on one shoot and it worked. Time will tell though if it works 100%. If not I will make something out of thin plastic but it will be the same idea.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow