Nikon thoughts

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Parks71a Regular Member • Posts: 320
Nikon thoughts

So glad they went mirrorless and was considering getting one but as a hobbist, these are my concerns. I have a D750, great camera. Problem is, I also have a pixel 2 XL and the photos it takes in good lighting look just as good for my purposes.

Nothing new here, we all know cell phones are cutting into camera sales but in the past few years I feel cell phones have taken it to a new level.

I just got back from Moab, I lugged my 6lb DSLR with me on my first hike but hardly used it because of how quick and easy to use my phone is. No focus, no adjusting settings, just push a button and Bam, a beautiful photo, Even processed in under a second.

The rest of the hikes....well the 6lb camera just stayed back, why tote all that weight for all that trouble?

Sure the DSLR takes better photos but way way more weight and work in post processing.

Which brings me to my point, I feel like camera makers really need to improve on software development. They are way behind. I'd love the opportunity to take jpegs and have them look awesome right out of the camera. Then flip to RAW for those special shots. I just feel a JPEG out of my camera isn't as good as my cellphone especially in high dynamic situations. Why spend 3-4k on a 5lb device my simple multifunctional phone can do at a fraction of the price? Sure, the DSLR will look better after lots of PP but is it that much better for most casual shots? I'm starting to think not and I don't think I'm alone.

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow