Recommendations please for a reliable photo inkjet

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
day_pass Regular Member • Posts: 190
Recommendations please for a reliable photo inkjet

Apologies for taking this forum down to the level of consumer printing but I do actually print photos up to A4 a fair bit and prefer to do so rather than use a online service because I have more control of the colour rendering ( I use a color munki photo )

I used to use a Canon ip5200 which lasted me 2 decades and gave ( to my eye ) fairly decent prints. It gave up the ghost about a year ago so I got a TS8050 ( I think it was the TS8020 in the US ).

Was really pleased with the output after I had fiddled around a bit to get the icc profile.

The problem is that I tend to print in batches and sometimes nothing for a month or so ( and yes I know that you are supposed to print at least weekly or fortnightly ).

The result has been that my second print head is blocked and, as with the first, is resistant to cleaning by the usual methods e.g. nozzle injection with cleaning fluid or isoprp / ultrasonic baths etc .

This is getting an expensive game. It may be just that the nozzles are finer in modern printers compared to the ip5200 so more prone to block.

Can anyone suggest an A4 printer ( preferably ) which is a bit more tolerant than I have found the TS8050 ? But - as an outside option - does the PRO 100 or Epson equivalent need as much nursing as the cheapo consumer printers ? ( The Pro 1000 is outside my price range )

PS I use refillable cartridges / non OEM replacements from the same company that I used for the ip5200 supplies. I tried another supplier when the first print head died but same thing happened.

Also - and its part of the problem since the printer isn't used daily - I only use inkets for photos: I have a Brother 3150 laser which is used for docs, graphics and work.

Thanks

Richard

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow