1DXMK 3 Before Olympics

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,148
1DXMK 3 Before Olympics

Canon Rumors once again has mentioned a 1DXMKII successor in time for the 2020 Games in Japan.  The very prospect excites me to no end. My hope is by June of 2019 we'll have a few BETA's to shoot with to get any firmware or mechanical tweaks out of the way for the Games.

If anyone cares here are a few "wish list" wants from this dedicated 1DXMKII user.

1. Ability to Bracket from spot to eval to center lighting etc.
  2. Option of same media in both slots
  3. Brighter following of focus points while in AI Servo
  4. Multipoint AWB
  5. Auto MA with big white
  6. Built in wi-fi for firmware updates and file transfer for camera and attached lens firmware updates.
  7. Built in flash radio for canon flashes
  8. Ability to switch from 50mp for fashion to 30mp for sports
  9. Ability to switch AA filter on and off...  I know... but I had to ask ROFL
  10. Canon certified color calibration integrated into the 1DXMKIII camera, production, Canon Digital Photo Professional and Profiles to calibrate Windows and MAC to 100% Gamut by plugging your canon camera, color calibrater, monitor and PC together. Canon can partner with or license with vendors for Canon Certified Color Calibration. In essence automating an arduous task for every still professional.
  11. OVF that goes to +4
  12. Canon is weather sealed better than anyone keep it up with enhanced lens mount seals for those of us who shoot around sand and saltwater as well as the springs on our 52mm drop ins for our big whites and the switches for distance on all our big whites.
  13. More paint near and on edges
  14. Continue to improve the best mirror box in the business.  I can now shoot at 14fps for about 20,000 before cleaning becomes required. Amazing, thank you.
  15. A waterproof Canon certified tracker that can be attached to athletes to overcome wave and water spray interference.
  16. More cross-point focus points

I can dream But who knows what wonders Canon has in store for us

-- hide signature --

Feel Always Humble - "FAH" - You'll Learn More
http://www.KissMyKite.com

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +22 more
Canon EOS-1D Pentax Optio A20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow