Novice looking for general printing advice

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bkjones88
bkjones88 Regular Member • Posts: 158
Novice looking for general printing advice

I picked up photography at the beginning of the year as a hobby, and I've accumulated some photos that I'm now thinking of printing and framing as gifts for family members this Christmas.  I've never printed photos before and am looking for general advice/tips/tricks/etc.  What do I need to do to prepare my digital photos so they'll look as good as possible when printed?  Any particular Lightroom export settings I should use?  I think I've read that you should boost the exposure a bit more than normal when printing; if so, by how much?  What kind of paper is best (these will mostly be landscape shots)?  I was thinking I'd use AdoramaPix as I've read good reviews, but if there's a better option, I'm all ears.

If a good, comprehensive guide exists somewhere on the internet, that'd be great.  Or I'd appreciate any direct input from you experts.  I'm sure a lot of it is trial and error and discovering your own personal preferences, but I'm trying to get started on the best foot possible with the holidays approaching fast.  Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --
 bkjones88's gear list:bkjones88's gear list
Nikon D3400 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow