Very good basic zoom lens

Started Nov 25, 2018 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
toomix Regular Member • Posts: 179
Very good basic zoom lens

I got this lens in the kit with M100 and I'm quite surprised. It is a very good lens for a "money", light and well build (comparing to plastic lenses from the Canon 10 years ago).

I have compared it with M 22mm lens and prime has an edge of course, but printing its results on A4 paper size I can not find a difference. The lens is very sharp in the centre and softer in the edges. If stopped down to 5.6 on the wide end it is perfectly sharp for my needs. On the "tele" it is same but needs to be stopped at f7.

The lens is very light, small and fits the perfectly M100 concept. I'm going to test against EF-S 15-85, EF 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.8 and will update this review. I'm also planning larger prints for this test. But I'm very happy with it.

toomix's gear list:toomix's gear list
Canon EOS M100 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +14 more
Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
Wideangle zoom lens • Canon EF-M
Announced: Oct 13, 2015
toomix's score
Average community score
Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EOS M100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow