Zoom for D750 that's corner-sharp at 24mm wide end?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shuttrfingr Regular Member • Posts: 230
Zoom for D750 that's corner-sharp at 24mm wide end?

I have the previous gen Tamron 24-70, specifically the Tamron AF 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD, but I must say that I've been frustrated by more than a few of my landscape shots at 24mm with this lens in the corners, even at f/8 or smaller. The central sharpness is great, just not so impressed with the corners at smaller apertures. So my question, which zoom would you recommend for the Nikon D750 that has quite good sharpness all over the frame at f/8 or smaller? The newest Tamron, 24-70 G2? Also, I read a lot of good things about the Tokina 24-70 and this would be my first choice, but I'm open to suggestions. (NOTE: I'm not interested in a prime lens, zoom-only suggestions please.)

Shuttrfingr's gear list:Shuttrfingr's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Nikon D750 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow