6D MK II broken out of the box

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wildlifefilmpro New Member • Posts: 1
6D MK II broken out of the box

Hey guys Im trying to figure something out. I bought a brand new 6D MKii for time-lapse and I noticed that I was getting a crap ton of dead white, red and blue pixels all over my images when doing star shoots. I sent It in to get repaired and Canon said it was an alignment with the sensor so I got the service for free. I still have the same issues after looking back at it. I also noticed that when I attach a lens to the body, if it's heavy and I tilt the camera back or forward and try to click the shutter it gives me an error message saying Err 01 communications between the camera and lens is faulty. clean the contacts. I cleaned the contacts with a lens cloth but the problem still persists. It sounds like the camera contacts are bad out of the box as well because I use this same lens on my other camera and it's fine.

My camera settings for the image attached are below. These are very normal settings for star shots as you may know but I can still see the white, red and blue dots. If you zoom in you can see so much more too. I also remapped the sensor with a manual clean like 10 times with different time frames. Some for 15 seconds, some for 2-3 minutes. Check out the 2 images in this link below. The first is a test with the lens on and the second is the same settings with the body cap on. Is this a broken sensor or am I missing something? I don't think this is acceptable for a $2,000 camera.

iso 3200
1/30 sec, f2.8

LINK - https://we.tl/t-w5HexY4bID

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow