Would The X100F Be A Good First Fuji Camera?

Started Nov 24, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fstopx2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,081
Would The X100F Be A Good First Fuji Camera?

I am an experience amateur and have had lots of cameras over the years. Had had a bunch of DSLRs but never enjoyed carrying them because of the bulk and weight. My favorite camera of all time was a Canon G9. I bought it because I had a Canon 10D dslr at the time and its just to much to carry.

Have always been attracted to the Leicas but way to much $$$. I have always liked the idea of a small camera with a fast, bright lens.

Currently have a Canon DSLR and the M system. Am selling off the DSLR. Never really cared for it so I didn't use it much.

I ended up with the M's purely by accident - I was looking for a small camera and Canon was clearing out the original EOS M during the firesafe. The M's take great pictures but Canon never has seemed to be all in with it.

My style of shooting has changed. I used to be all about the zooms but now I find I don't care as I am more interested in the speed of the lens. I want the lenses small and bright ie. primes Generally I don't change lenses much and my favorite focal length is about 30-35mm as I can do people and landscapes with it.

Regardless I have been eying up the X100 for a long time. Actually since the very first one came out. I am thinking that it ticks al the boxes - is small, well made and has a bright lens on it. I don't really want to get into a whole other lens system at this time.

From what I can see the auto focus is much faster than it was in the past.

So hit me with opinions.

Canon EOS 10D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KFo
KFo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow