Epson P600 eccentricity or color managment issue?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jasper in SF
Jasper in SF Regular Member • Posts: 341
Epson P600 eccentricity or color managment issue?

Hello All,

After a fairly long period of very little digital darkroom work, I finally replaced my old R1800 with a P600 and have just started printing some images again. My monitor is profiled, color management is turned off in driver software, and am using RedRiver profiles for UltraPro Satin. I edit in LR and use Qimage to print, no adjustments, perceptual with BPC on.

So, I have found that the resulting images lack a little of the contrast and punch that I see on my monitor. Of course a monitor is projected light and a print is reflected, so there's that. But this is something I did not remember experiencing on my old R1800. Is this: a) something I am missing in my work flow/color mgmt b) an eccentricity of the P600, which seems unlikely c) overly-high expectations of fancy-ish new gear d) other?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice, and am happy to provide any other info that might help.

-- hide signature --
 Jasper in SF's gear list:Jasper in SF's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II +3 more
Nikon Coolpix P600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow