Looking for some guidance in picking a travel Kit for a XT-20 in Southeast Asia

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Sjak
Sjak Senior Member • Posts: 4,000
Re: Looking for some guidance in picking a travel Kit for a XT-20 in Southeast Asia

Bumstead27 wrote:

I'm really torn on how I should pack. Trying to include the camera gear I want in order to capture what ever I may run into yet also balancing it with my desire to fit my camera gear and all my other belongings into a reasonable backpack

Don't overthink, you can catch any scene with any lens. The perspective will differ from lens to lens.

There's no such thing as a missed shot, only different shots. E.g. when you see the wildlife in the distance, when you have a 400mm mounted, you will "miss" the overview-shot that you could make with a normal lens, and vice-versa.

When I travel with Fuji, I always have a small fast prime in the 30-to-40mm range, and a relatively fast wide. Sometimes, I add a tele (in the 80-90mm range as this is my personal preference)

Carrying more gear will not result in a better travel experience, and "coverage" is a matter of bringing a camera with you

Sjak's gear list:Sjak's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Sigma DP2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Pentax K100D +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow