Received Z7 in Z6 box

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
darrharis New Member • Posts: 4
Received Z7 in Z6 box

I bought a Nikon Z6 recently as I couldn't afford the Z7. Its to be used as a second camera for personal use (the other is a D810).

I bought the camera home, and the box says Z6, and I didn't notice anything, until I was playing with the resolutions and saw 8256x5254. Being familiar with the resolution of 24MP cameras, I realised something was wrong. I then examined the front of the camera and saw a tiny Z7 in the corner (Its hard to even see!).

So my moral dilemma is this - clearly someone screwed up on the factory floor at Nikon where the cameras are packaged, and since both the Z6 and Z7 look so alike, put a Z7 in a Z6 box.

The shop would've paid for a Z6, and sold it as a Z6, so they haven't lost anything here.

Should I return the camera to the shop (I've used it a couple of times), and ask them to return it to Nikon (they can't sell it obviously as its slightly used and they themselves would've paid for a Z6, not a Z7))  OR should I just keep it and put it down to luck due to a rare mistake on the Nikon factory floor?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Darryn

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Trk
Trk
Trk
Trk
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow