Advice on new lens for wildlife photography

Started Nov 8, 2018 | Questions thread
OP Erwin86 Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Alternate / 2-phase approach for you to consider...

So for anyone who is interested... After Morris his tip on the X-T3 with 100-400 and a 1.4 TC I wend back to a local store to try that combination and found that I really liked that camera. I have been reading a lot of reviews on both Fuji and Panasonic camera and lenses. After trying both once again at a local store I decided to go for the X-T3. I really like the way it handles (and looks), it produces great and sharp images with the 100-400 and the colors of Fuji are just great. The Panasonic might be a little less heavy, but the overall package of Fuji was just more apppealing for me.

So I picked up the X-T3 with the 100-400 plus 1.4x TC (and 18-55 “kit lens”) last week. Still need to learn a lot about the camera and all the options it has. But I’m really impressed with the first results. Images are really really sharp, focusing is fast and it handles great. It’s a really big step forward compared to my Nikon.

Thank you for all the great tips and advice, really appreciate that!

Erwin86's gear list:Erwin86's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow