A lot has ben said about the D2X?? good and bad.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dog house riley Senior Member • Posts: 1,023
A lot has ben said about the D2X?? good and bad.

I don't want to start a war of words over this issue. I use my D2X sparingly I know its limitations, biggest is ISO, when I can keep in the range of ISO 100-400, it gives me pleasingly good photos. Thats all I care about.

I don't fuss over DR, low light performance, I have about $650.00 tied up in this camera, its tougher than nails! had only about 39K shutter clicks, capable of 8FPS in hi speed crop[I don't like it] all the buttons placed perfect for me.

I'm not made of money I cannot afford a D850 or D5, and mount a 24 70 2.8 wouldn't even if I could.But with this camera and 17 55 2.8 I have about $1,200.00 USD invested, could I have done better?? maybe would I be as happy, and satisfied I don't think so.

My wife bought me a D700 when I retired, full price, when I sold it after 7 years it had 30k shutter, never really liked it, I had the first version of the 80 400 VR, I liked it but like everyone else thought it just wasn't sharp enough, bought the newer G version, $2,300.00 am I satisfied--- no, I don't feel the improvement in IQ was worth the price I paid.

I include a few photos from my D2X, the camera I just set on breakfast bar, and placed a "pepper shaker" under the lens to level it out.

I think --for myself its all feeding our ego's we think we need that newest equipment, but its Ego, now if your making a living selling photos? thats different, but just a hobby? my little D5300 and the D3300 I replaced will shoot just about with most anything in reason.

I hope to get many more years using my D2X, its fun and I don't "pexel peep" on any of my equipment its just fun to still be able to get outdoors even for a couple hours. This is not to start a war, its just how a old camera is bringing joy and happiness to a old shooter.

"dog house riley"

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon D3300 +16 more
Nikon D2X Nikon D5 Nikon D700 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow