My 8-16 is on its way

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mbo27 Regular Member • Posts: 215
My 8-16 is on its way

I've pre-ordered the 8-16 and just got an email that it is shipping today.  broke two records with this pre-order: 1) this is the first time I pre-ordered a new lens, and 2) it is by far the most expansive lens I've purchased.

I moved from a Nikon D750 and my Tamron 15-30 was my most used lens by far. It was an amazing lens. Fuji's 8-16 lacks VC/OIS (stabilization) but gains a 3 mm focal-wise on the wide end which I'm sure will be very handy (it loses of course few on the long end - which is no big loss since my 16-55 can be used for that)

I've "survived" so far using a the Rok 12mm but its sharpness is behind Fuji's glass and the manual focus is getting in the way of my new ventures in focus stacking (on the X-H1).

With the 8-16, 16-55, and 50-140, I've completely "trinity" set even though my 50-140 is the one that is getting the least usage. Can't wait.

mbo27's gear list:mbo27's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +3 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow