My 8-16 is on its way

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mbo27 Regular Member • Posts: 186
My 8-16 is on its way

I've pre-ordered the 8-16 and just got an email that it is shipping today.  broke two records with this pre-order: 1) this is the first time I pre-ordered a new lens, and 2) it is by far the most expansive lens I've purchased.

I moved from a Nikon D750 and my Tamron 15-30 was my most used lens by far. It was an amazing lens. Fuji's 8-16 lacks VC/OIS (stabilization) but gains a 3 mm focal-wise on the wide end which I'm sure will be very handy (it loses of course few on the long end - which is no big loss since my 16-55 can be used for that)

I've "survived" so far using a the Rok 12mm but its sharpness is behind Fuji's glass and the manual focus is getting in the way of my new ventures in focus stacking (on the X-H1).

With the 8-16, 16-55, and 50-140, I've completely "trinity" set even though my 50-140 is the one that is getting the least usage. Can't wait.

mbo27's gear list:mbo27's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow