Bamburgh Castle

Started 4 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dutch Newchurch
Dutch Newchurch Senior Member • Posts: 5,364
Bamburgh Castle

I was lucky enough to have a bit of spare time on a recent visit to Northumberland.  So I took the E-M1 to visit Bamburgh beach.  It's a much-photographed spot, but I was lucky with the light.

I had been wondering if I might sell the 12mm M.Zuiko, as I don't use it a great deal.  It earned its place in my bag that morning.

Bamburgh Castle at sunrise

Patterns in the sand

Defending our island over 1,000 years.  Tank traps from the last century.  The tallest tower of the castle dates back to the 12th century, but there has been a fort on the site for hundreds of years before that.

Bamburgh Castle

A stroll on the beach.

The last two were with the Laowa 7.5mm.

The flip screen of the E-M1 is great for this type of shot.  The weatherproofing too.  The base of the camera was in contact with the sea.  And, yes, my socks got wet.

I reckon a good day's photography is one where I use all my lenses.  I had five with me (in a small shoulder bag) and used them all within about 45 mins of getting on site.

-- hide signature --

Dutch
forestmoonstudio.co.uk
My DP Review gallery
Photography is about light, not light-proof boxes.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Venus Laowa 7.5mm F2 MFT
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow