Connecting 6DII with smartphone

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Monstermayank
Monstermayank Forum Member • Posts: 85
Connecting 6DII with smartphone

I have been using built in wifi of the 6DII for taking self portraits by connecting it with the Camera connect app. The issue is that the wifi of the camera switches off after a while of not shooting which is a bummer as sometimes I shuffle the lights ad modifiers and when I am back in position I discover that I have to reconnct again which is anyway not as quick as we desire.

My question is, is there a way that the connection between the camera and phone can be maintained for longer durations so that I can also use this facility during my paid assignments because I cant be connecting them again and again.

My second question is regarding the bluetooth of the camera, is it an alternative to wifi connection of serves any other feature too. Connecting by bluetooth has been a mystery to me till now and I have only been utilizing the wifi function. Please help me out with these questions.

PS. Is there a way the phone can automatically connect to camera wifi as a priority over other wifi networks?

-- hide signature --

mayankgautam.com
instagram.com/khicchik
https://www.flickr.com/photos/monstermayank/

Monstermayank's gear list:Monstermayank's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +10 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow