The Lenses All Fuji Shooters Need

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greg7579
Greg7579 Senior Member • Posts: 5,010
The Lenses All Fuji Shooters Need

For years I did tongue-in-cheek but also semi-serious Top-10 Fuji lens lists.  Fuji makes the best glass in the World, so these threads were always fun.  One year I actually listed every lens Fuji makes on the Top-Ten list, except of course the pancake, 18 and 60 or any non XF super-zoom.

The great Fuji Travel Zoom Trio of 10-24, 18-55 and 55-200 is amazing for its relative IQ, price, and size/weight.  The versatility is hard to beat and travel shooters need wide and reach.  But I don't shoot those three lenses anymore.  They sit sad and alone, abandoned in the closet.  That great Fuji base travel zoom trio has been replaced by the new base -- Rok 12, Brick and the 50-140.

So, I am firmly convinced now that what Fuji shooters need is these lenses:

Rok/Sam 12, Mighty 16, Brick, 50-140, 23/35/50 F2s, 56, 80 and 90.

I know that's a lot of money, but that is what you need.

Well … the travel zoom trio is what you need to start with and should be your fist three lenses unless you can get the 12, Brick and 50-140 to start with instead.

The 8-16 will likely be added to the list, but I leave it off because it is still on pre-order.

No disrespect to the fast old primes like the 23.  But we all have to stop buying them so Fuji will upgrade and crate a version with the new focus motor and WR.  But I did include the 56, which fits into that category.

Greg Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139148982@N02/albums

Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X100F +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow