Michigan Football with X-T3, 100-400 and 50-140 + 1.4x TC

Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
OP S. Miller Senior Member • Posts: 1,031
Re: Michigan Football with X-T3, 100-400 and 50-140 + 1.4x TC

baobob wrote:

hi Steve

Thx for comments and input

I'm waiting the new T3 stock at my dealer to compare the AFC tracking performance with my H1 using the same lens (The 18-55mm since it is in town) The other point of interest for the T3 body alongside with my H1 is the small and discrete size of the body alone with the 35mm or 50mm for street shots

Plus the better low light sensitivity which is an asset at sunset, a great moment for birds

best

Bob

Hi Bob,

Have fun testing it! I haven't used the X-H1 but with the quad processors in the X-T3, I would think AFC tracking performance would be markedly better. I would also guess that the X-T3's AFC tracking would be able to react quicker in low light, but am curious to see what you find in real world situations.

Given that most of my football shots were wide open on the 100-400 (which is still a relatively small aperture, thus presenting a challenge to AF systems), with shutter speeds averaging around 1/1200 and ISO around 4000 to 10000, I can definitely say that I found the camera was able to track quite well in low light. With BIF, you'll need higher shutter speeds but this would be offset by having more light than what I had for the night football game.

The great thing about the X-T model is you can strip it down, add a 23/2 or 35/2 and have it be nice and small for street and casual shooting. Conversely, you can put on a battery grip and the 100-400 and be set for sports or BIF and have a well balanced rig.

Best,

Steve

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow