What to do with 2 systems

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alseyn
Alseyn Regular Member • Posts: 143
What to do with 2 systems

I'm currently mostly using X-T2 with 18-55 that covers about 80% of my needs. I also have Samyang 12 mm for wide angle and astro work and maybe looking to add 55-200 to my kit. Plus, bunch of adapted lenses that I use (55 mm macro, 35 mm, 70-210 mm etc). I really like X-T2 because of the controls, weather resistance and PDAF that works nicely even in relatively dark situtations and MF aids are best I've seen on any camera system. Great system for landscapes and event photos.

However, I also have Olympus Pen-F, lovely little camera and the features I would miss the most are Live Composite (something that can mostly be replicated with stacking and editing but that is whole lot more work, really it is amazing feature to have), great Olympus 60 mm macro (I have adapted MF macro lens for Fuji but AF lens is so nice to have for not quite 1:1 stuff and I can never see myself getting the huge and expensive Fuji 80 mm macro) and obviously IBIS that is just so nice with Olympus, it's freaking magic. Overall really nice system for bigger closeup stuff I like to do, flowers, details, etc. Also star trails. Works for landscape too but not so great for events.

I feel like I can't ditch Fuji since Olympus AF is just awful in dark, don't have replacement for great 18-55 Fuji lens and wide angle lenses are really limited on M4/3 system. Really like Fuji handling too.

I've been going back and forth about selling all M4/3 stuff since I can't really afford to have 2 different systems but I just can't decide what to do What would you do?

Alseyn's gear list:Alseyn's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +6 more
Fujifilm X-T2 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow