The Pier and Shipyards, North Vancouver

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
cyuill2007 Contributing Member • Posts: 648
The Pier and Shipyards, North Vancouver

I had a chance to go on a lunch date with my wife last week. The weather was wonderfully sunny for early November. After lunch we took a stroll around two adjacent areas in the city of North Vancouver (in British Columbia, Canada) called The Pier and The Shipyards, which used to be the location of ship building activity in the past. It is now a wonderful public area in which people can stroll and view Vancouver harbour and the North Shore mountains. If anyone visits Vancouver it is well worth taking a little trip via the Seabus ferry to North Vancouver's Lonsdale Quay. The Pier, The Shipyards, and Lonsdale Quay are all adjacent to each other, and provide some great photo-taking opportunities.

Here are a few quick shots that I took as my wife and I took an after lunch stroll. As I have been doing lately, these were taken with my newly acquired Nikon V2 and 18.5mm f/1.8 lens.

The Pier, North Vancouver (November 2018)

Vancouver Harbour, From The Pier, North Vancouver (November 2018)

The Pier, The Shipyards, and Other North Shore Sights - North Vancouver (November 2018)

cyuill2007's gear list:cyuill2007's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow