@ f/2.8 Bokeh (100mm,105mm, 110mm): Sigma Art, vs Tokina vs Voightlander

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Niala2 Regular Member • Posts: 186
@ f/2.8 Bokeh (100mm,105mm, 110mm): Sigma Art, vs Tokina vs Voightlander

What are the chances (at rather very close portraiture) that the future Voightlander 110mm, fully opened, will render "better" than the AF Sigma Art 105mm closed to the same apperture - regarding bokeh/transition..?

I even consider the Tokina macro 100mm for its reputation for good bokeh (am not looking for macro and for 'its' Eye-AF on A7rIII).  I would have to compare it with my GM 24-105 @ f4 for if by any chance that would be just as good), ..Because I am shocked by the true experianced weight after having tried the Sigma 1.4 !  I thought I would not care but it really might be to much of a drawback to me.  Only for (admittedly then also moore) full body shots would I use f/1.4. I'm aware that there is only trying out for myself that will bring 'my" answer.   But maybe it triggers Your interest and sharing input? I have the GM 85mm 1.4 and would not like 135mm either for what I'd like to develop more : close portraits in controlled light and pose. 100-110 will be best for my wished working distance and desired rendering of facial-proportions. (so I actually might not need my much loved Eye-AF. Tokina not "real enough" for 42mii pixel?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow