erratic activity by HX 80

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Bob Austin Regular Member • Posts: 152
erratic activity by HX 80

I recently returned from a trip, HX 80 is "pocket camera";  pulled the SD card to download images, and put the card back in--tried to reformat.  The camera began to turn on, and the lease extended fully, then began to cycle in and out--going out about half way now.  Nothing will stop this except removing the battery.

If I leave the battery out--and then insert it--I can push the review button; The lease then retracts, and screen-- tells me there are no images.  From there I can push the Menu button and run thru all menu options.   I have done a soft Reset and initialization via Toolbox #6. "Device reset"  Then I can re-initialize.  Hitting menu will toggle between the "no image" and the menu.  If I hit the shutter button the lens begins cycling in and out--nothing on the LCD screen.

Any ideas for a hard reset?  I don't see anything jamming the lens--the first time it goes out all of the way. then cycles on about half way out--cycling to that point.

Thanks

Bob Austin's gear list:Bob Austin's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Sony a7 II Sony a6500 Sony a7 III +27 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow