Can bad Firmware updates be reversed?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MichelleDumont New Member • Posts: 4
Can bad Firmware updates be reversed?

I recently did a firmware update on my Nikon D810. The update was the most recent C1.14. I am always a bit apprehensive about installing updates, especially when it involves computers. But there are times when new options are added to updates. But there is always a chance for unexpected issues. I've never noticed an issue with my Nikon DSLR, until this update. A little background: I shoot strictly with Sigma lenses. They are all Auto Focus, and they all work well for me on both my D810 and D7100. Well, until recently. Today I noticed the auto focus on my 50mm 1.4 wasn't responding. Made no sense. It has always auto focused for me. Nice thing about having 2 cameras is the troubleshooting value. The 50mm works just fine on the D7100. So I tried other lenses on the D810 to rule out an issue with the D810. Turns out all my lenses (20mm Art, 24-70mm EX, 85mm Art, 105mm Macro, and 120-300mm) work flawlessly, all but my 50mm and (newly discovered) 10-20mm DX. Both lenses work on the D7100. The reason I am leaning towards the Firmware update as the scoundrel is, it doesn't appear to be a lens or hardware issue. So it must be Nikon's Firmware update. Don't know if Nikon reads these messages, but someone surely needs to investigate this issue and provide a fix. So my question is, unless Nikon can issue a fix, can a firmware update be reversed?

MichelleDumont's gear list:MichelleDumont's gear list
Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art
ANSWER:
Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow