Shooting 4k with Nikon D800

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
MarceloLI
MarceloLI Veteran Member • Posts: 4,927
Re: Shooting 4k with Nikon D800

Chas J wrote:

MarceloLI wrote:

ManuelaD wrote:

Hi, everybody is saying the Nikon D800 is shooting 4k video, but the highest I can see is 1080. I don't understand this at all. How can I shoot 4k with my D800?

Unfortunately you can't shoot 4K but the worst is that you can shoot clips only for 8 minutes and the camera will stop filming. I mean you can't film an interview or event longer that 8 minutes, you have to click again the camera to start filming again. This is a huge limitation with the D800 and D810. I think that was fixed on the D850.

This from a quick search for the D810 ....

"Maximum video recording time is 20 minutes at the highest quality, or 29 minutes, 59 seconds at normal quality."

and this for the D850 ...

"Maximum recording time: 29 minutes 59 seconds. Each movie will be recorded across up to 8 files of up to 4 GB each. The number of files and the length of each file vary with the options selected for Frame size/frame rate and Movie quality."

!!!

Chas, thank you for the info and doing a Google search I found the same.

Not sure why my D810 film only clips of 8 minutes?

MarceloLI's gear list:MarceloLI's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow