Godox X ProS not working with Sony A7iii

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ckmosaic New Member • Posts: 3
Godox X ProS not working with Sony A7iii

Hi All, I recently switched from Canon 5D4 to Sony A7iii but am completely unable to get my Sony setup to fire strobes in my studio. I'm hoping someone can let me know what I'm doing wrong here.

I have the Godox XProS, X1T and X1R. The problem I'm having is when the X1R is plugged into my AlienBees B800, when I press the A7iii shutter button the strobe does not fire. It doesn't matter if I have the XProS or X1T on the camera.

Both the XProS & X1T are communicating with the receiver and the receiver is working with the AlienBee.  If I push the test button on the trigger it fires the strobe every-time.  Just not when I press the camera shutter button.

The triggers & receiver, when on camera, do work with the Godox AD200 & Yongnuo off-camera flash, no problem.  So I don't think it is an issue with settings on the camera, or the trigger not being firmly seated in the hotshoe.  And I've made sure that EFCS is off and I'm using AF-S.

This setup works fine in every situation but not when firing strobes, which it should do.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what to try next?

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow