X-T2 Indicator Lamp Oddity

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
doctorharrison Regular Member • Posts: 135
X-T2 Indicator Lamp Oddity

OK, I’m stumped…

The Rear Indicator Lamp lights and remains a steady red when the camera is powered on. The camera was amongst the first sold here in New England at initial release and this is just recently happening.

I’ve checked:

• The camera functions perfectly normally

• Battery has been swapped between multiple fully charged OEM batteries.

• I have tried various lenses, all to no avail, to see if it is a mount/contact issue. It is not.

• The Manual: I have RTFM and a steady red light is not mentioned, or I have not found such…

• AutoFocus works properly

• Neither AEL nor AFL is employed and neither are locked.

• Focus Mode changes (S,C,M) matter not

• AF Mode matters not

• I do have a soft shutter release [Lensmate], but it has never caused this in the past (since camera purchase) and matters not whether it's tightened, loosened, or removed altogether.

and, wait for it, here’s the kicker: If the camera is OFF and I lightly depress the shutter button, the Indicator Lamp lights briefly (red) and goes out, all for a fraction of a second. Thank the G*ds, the camera will not fire.

• This brief on/off whilst the camera is unpowered happens regardless of wait-time which I would think rules out an internal battery/any capacitor issue, (or may be not...)

List me as confused...

O Wise Ones, thoughts?

-- hide signature --

doctorharrison
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145673467@N08/sets/72157677654149536
X-T2 / 10-24 / 16 / 23-2.0 / 27 / 35-2.0 / 90 / 16-55 / 18-135 / 50-140 / 100-400 / 1.4TC

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow