coolpix p9000 p1000 gallery to test out birding landscaping settings in the field

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
skeudenn Regular Member • Posts: 394
coolpix p9000 p1000 gallery to test out birding landscaping settings in the field

This is the first version of a coolpix p9000 p1000 gallery to test out birding landscaping settings in the field.

I had the p900 a couple of years back but couldn't get decent results then.I found another copy second hand some time ago: much better. The p1000 I finally got my hand on a last week ( used copy ) as we've had some very nice weather of late here in Western Brittany I've been trying to learn how to get the best results I could

https://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9985340334

I usually shoot in m mode, raw ( low noise reduction ) active stab on 100 200 occasionally 800.

When using digital zoon I try to use smaller picture size ( following recommendation on teh latest book about the p1000, kindle version namely https://whiteknightpress.com/camera-guide-books-from-white-knight-press/photographers-guide-to-the-nikon-coolpix-p1000/ )

I've been reading some of the technical post and there are very nice suggetsions there!

thanks

some of the things I can't fathom how to do and that really p.... drive me nuts are

reaching higher shutter speed ( 1/3200 1/4000)

avoiding bad overexposure when changing focal length

using ring to change focal length

directly changing iso ( even f button or zoom ring can't seem to do it )

when shooting video taking picture, times the camera won't let me ??

please tell me what your own gripes are !

skeudenn's gear list:skeudenn's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III +7 more
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow