Nikon Repair Service Issueues/Concerns? Give me your feedback

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mark Kalenian New Member • Posts: 9
Nikon Repair Service Issueues/Concerns? Give me your feedback

I have been a Nikon User for years and like that legacy lenses can work on some of the newer higher end cameras. I also liked previously that many repair shops across the USA could help fix my equipment and used to get my camera equipment repaired with one of two local camera shops. Good deals online for camera equipment ( B&H, Amazon, Ebay) eventually we believe closed them  down. Then I would for at time send my repairs to a former owner of one of the local stores who did it from his home and then he stopped. We then used KEH in Atlanta but recently was told by them they could not repair my 28-7 AF lens, and  would no longer repair Nikon, only Canon and other brands because in 2012 Nikon stopped selling them parts and now only allows 22 authorized repair centers to do so.

Questions:

Any experience with these Nikon authorized repair centers (price, quality, turnaround, availability of parts for older lenses)?

Are there older lenses Nikon will no longer support/repair and have stopped making parts for some? If so, how to know which ones are unable to be fixed (any list)?

With Nikon going mirroress, is it not a good idea buy any new or older FX or DX Nikon lenses since they might at some point stop support?

Lens prices only seem to go up with each replacement but what is there long term viability?

Could I get support for lenses like older 105 macro f/4 manual or Nikon 500mm P f/4 or 50mm f/1.8 lenses or even first generation Af non-D non VR lenses?

If not these Nikon centers, any where else to send my old lenses?

Comment: Maybe the best strategy is to use old cheap Nikon lenses until they break and save the dough and just upgrade cameras or used adapters for other manufacturers or wait and see what happens with the Nikon system and repair service and support?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow