My idea for the R line

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 11,521
Re: My idea for the R line

Steve Balcombe wrote:

Kreitmann wrote:

I don't get it. There is no need for "crop RF lenses", the camera just has a smaller, high density sensor that works the same as the basic R model now. So, you can use EF, EF-S and R lenses, depending on your needs.

That would allow a 'crop RF' body to hit the ground running, but in the medium term there would be an obvious benefit in replacing the wide-normal EF-S lenses with 'crop RF' lenses.

the problem with that is that canon will be going nuts for 5+ years getting out just RF full frame lenses, who's going to do the RF-S lenses?

Agreed that in theory they could take the 11-22,22,32 EF-M lenses and port them over, but it's still resources that are busy with other things.

for what purpose really?

Canon can just as easily make a 10fps 24MP full frame as they can a 24MP APS-C crop camera. The only caveat I'll add is if canon is doing something with all their stacked patents, and it's simply easier to do that first on an APS-C camera.

DPAF is still going to be the same speed regardless of sensor size.

IMO APS-C is dead with the RF mount. The EOS-M will sweep up the small, cheap and lightweight crowd, and Canon will do full frame all the way from a rebel styled 1K camera body on upwards.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow