BATTERY LIFE TEST - COLLABORATION NEEDED

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
XMN Regular Member • Posts: 184
BATTERY LIFE TEST - COLLABORATION NEEDED

Hello,

I conducted a simple test to the battery life on my A7III:

Camera with live view on, noted the battery percentage (99%) and waited till it dropped to 98% and then started the stopwatch. It took 3m15s to drop to 97% and 20m28s to drop to 92%. I made sure to occasionally tap the shutter button so the camera didn't go to sleep mode, remote control was off, airplane mode on.

Did the same for video in 4K and it dropped to 1m30s per 1% of battery.

Can anyone replicate this test (no need to wait 20m just the necessary to drop 1%) and share here the results?

I come from Olympus were battery life isn't very good, and hearing that the new battery on the A7III was so much better than the previous ones i was waiting for a little better battery life than the one i see, specially since so many reviewers say they could almost go trough one wedding day with one battery. I was left thinking if my battery is an original or not. (Came with the camera bought on a local store)

Thanks for the help.

XMN's gear list:XMN's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Sony a7 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow