Clarity re: recent mirrorless BCN numbers

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
lilBuddha Veteran Member • Posts: 3,973
Re: Clarity re: recent mirrorless BCN numbers

Abel89er wrote:

lilBuddha wrote:

confused circle wrote:

Hmm, looks like Sony ff has 16% of milc sales. That's well ahead of Nikon (no apsc milc), but definitely behind Canon (top apsc milc and quick start with the R for ff milc) I wonder if Nikon will release an apsc milc model.

The Canon EOSM system does not do well because it is APS-C. It does well because it is small and still has a large sensor. Nikon tried that and failed.

And as no one here wanted to accept, apsc still dominates. Half of all money brought in with average unit prices at like a quarter of full frame. The unit volume difference is monstrous.

Because APS-C is cheaper. And more than good enough for the vast majority of users, including many professionals.

I do belive that the same can be achieved in FF with a series of travelzoom lenses.

That isn’t the point. The point was to illustrate why the M sells the way it does.

But I don’t think you are correct. Lens size is constrained, in part, by sensor coverage. FF will be larger barring significant innovation.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
BJL
tko
BJL
BJL
BJL
BJL
BJL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow